There are a lot of different treatments to choose from when you are looking into window treatments, and that can make it kind of difficult to make a decision, here is a list of just some of the options you have to choose from in terms of window treatments:
1. The laid-back Roman Shade Style- The Roman shades are actually known for being a great alternative to drapes or blinds in a home or office. These shades will be able to help put a soft touch to a window’s weird-looking lines and at the same time, they will be able to control the amount of light and heat a room receives. These types of shades are actually very recognizable by their bottom which curves. They will make the perfect shades for rooms that are on the traditional side of style or rooms that have a feminine touch.
2. The Flat Roman Style Shades- These types of shades are also known for being the most used Roman style of shades, thanks to their being able to look good in settings that are feminine or masculine and also are good in various design aesthetics. They are basically able to be spotted by their straight edge that runs on the fabric’s bottom half.
3. The Functional Panels- The most important decision to make in terms of window treatments is whether or not to get stationary or functional panels. The functional panels have the ability to be used for the control of the amount of light that comes into a room and the amount of privacy allowed in a room. These panels usually cost more than the stationary panels and are made with the right amount of fabric so that you are able to draw them open and also closed.
4. The Stationary Panels- These panels are made for decoration, not function. They can be used to add a soft touch to a window’s edges. These panels are relatively cheap and need lass fabric than that of the functional panels, making them a good buy on a budget.
5. The Drapery Lengths- When someone refers to the term break, they are referring to the drapery panel bottom touching the floor. If you are a person that has kids and pets, it is probably a good ideal to make a break of at least 1/4 inch off the floor. This break is great for cleaning, since the hem is off the floor, making it easy to clean under.
Tips for Measuring Window Treatments for Your Home
1. Make sure to use a tape measuring tool that is made with metal. This is way easier and more efficient.
2. Make sure that you measure all of the windows in the house, even if you believe that they are all of the same size.
3. When it comes to decorative traverse rods and cafe style curtains that are able to be hung using rings, make sure that you start all of the measurements at the ring’s bottom for accurate measurements.